Search This Blog

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Monitoring the Social and Emotional Needs of Students in 3D.2011 by Kuronekosan

School has just resumed and wow, Term 1 Week 1 was quite a big rush.  Lessons with my classes began but as usual, with lots of interruptions from students, CCA co-ordinators, teachers, allied educators and so on, when the lessons were in progress.  However, the Little Blue Book could not wait.  So Kuronekosan now shares how he monitors the social and emotional needs of students in his form class 3D.2011.


It is important that I am able to remember a student's name and address him or her correctly.  Then we discussed the form teacher's expectations of 3D.2011, focusing on the main points.  Seating arrangements needed to be settled, even though, changes may still be negotiable.  After that, the first Little Blue Book session was conducted on 6 January 2011 (Thursday). 

The Little Blue Books provided a conduit for me to reach out to as many students as possible in 4B, 4D, 5B and 4E Literature (elective) in 2010, last year.  In the same way, I hoped the replies I had made in response to the students' concerns written in their books had helped to soothe their nerves or answer any questions they might have concerning their academic, personal or any other matters at all.  But this year, because of the heavy Secondary 3 NA working schedule, I think I would just focus on conducting LBB sessions with my form class - 3D.  




No comments: